1. In the bottom of a thick bottom pot or your pressure cooker, saute onion, bell pepper, garlic until soft and translucent.
2. Add all of the spices and saute for a couple more minutes.
3. Add the beans, water, broth, bayleaves, thyme and Kombu.
4. Bring to a boil and then simmer on the stove for 3 hours, making sure to add water ocationally to keep beans submerged.
OR pressure cook for 40 minutes on high, allowing the steam to release naturally for 20 minutes.
5. Remove the bay leaf, thyme stems and Kombu
6. If using a pressure cooker, remove the lid, and turn the pressure cooker to saute on high. Bring to a boil for 5-10 minutes to allow the broth to thicken.
Comments will be approved before showing up.