A fantastic way to use up a bit of leftover beans from last night's pot, these air fryer bean taquitos are a fast and easy snack or appetizer. Perhaps you've made a pot of beans from our Perfect Pot of Beans recipe and you have some leftovers but not enough for a meal. Or maybe you've made refried beans and don't feel like freezing the leftovers. This is a simple way to use those leftover bits of beans in the fridge!
- Any leftover beans
- additional cumin, chili powder and garlic powder to taste
- Corn tortillas
- Vegetable oil spray
- Salsa, sour cream and/or guacamole for serving
- Warm up the tortillas so that they are pliable. I like to put them on a plate in the microwave with a damp towel on top and microwave for 30 seconds on high. Use fresh tortillas for this and keep them warm or they will crack like mine did.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400.
- Smash or puree the leftover beans. Add additional spices like cumin, chili powder and garlic powder if needed depending on how you cooked the beans in the first place.
- Spoon onto the middle of the tortilla.
- Roll the tortilla into cigar shape around the beans.
- Place the taquitos into the air fryer basket and spray lightly with cooking oil.
- Cook for 7-9 minutes until they are lightly browned on the edges.
- Remove and cool slightly before serving with salsa, sour cream and/or guacamole.