This warm grain bowl makes a healthy and delicious breakfast. Delicious stone fruit at the peak pairs beautifully with nutty whole grains like einkorn or Rouge de Bordeaux, a rare grain featured in our Heirloom Bean and Grain Club. Top this with a vegan yogurt or some coconut cream to keep it vegan.
(Makes 2-4 servings)
1. Combine the wheat berries, water, cinnamon sticks and salt in a sauce pan.
2. Add half of the stone fruit to the pot.
3. Bring to a boil, cover and then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 20-30 minutes, until the grains are plump but not bursting.
4. Remove the cinnamon sticks, and the fruit skins with tongs.
5. Serve in bowls with fresh plums, pecans and a spoon of yogurt. Sprinkle on some pecan halves and drizzle with maple syrup.
Comments will be approved before showing up.