Recipe and Photo by Lisa Riznikove
Trying to ditch processed sides and snacks? These deliciously satisfying low carb sweet potato wedges are so easy to make they have become a go-to side. Sweet potatoes go so well with cumin and spice its like the flavors where made for each other. Spicy Piment d'Ville adds a little je ne said quoi to these southwester inspired low carb "nachos." Enjoy them as an appetizer, snack or side dish.
2 large sweet potatoes cut into wedges (unpeeled)
1/4 cup olive oil
1 Tablespoon cumin
2 teaspoons spicy Piment d'Ville
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1. Combine olive oil, cumin, Piment d'Ville and salt in a large mixing bowl.
2. Toss the sweet potato wedges in the olive oil mixture until they are completely coated.
3. Set the sweet potatoes on a parchment paper lined baking tray with the skin side down rather than cut side down. This is the secret to making them evenly brown and crispy on the edges.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes until slightly charred on the edges.
5. Serve immediately with sour cream for dipping.
Comments will be approved before showing up.