Recipe and Photo By Lisa Riznikove
This vegan, sugar-free recipe makes the most addictive pecans ever! They are perfect for a party and so delicious you can put them in a jar and give them as gifts. The Smoked Maple Syrup from Sugar Bob's Finest Kind is the game changer that makes these nuts so irresistible. The only real problem with the recipe is that you can't seem to stop eating them. We recommend doubling it so you have some left for the guests.
2 cups pecan halves
1/3 cup smoked maple syrup
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoons Piment d'Ville
1/2 teaspoon Pacific Flake sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Combine the maple syrup, cinnamon and Piment d'Ville in a large mixing bowl. If you want them a big more spicy you can add more Piment d'Ville, if you don't want any spice you can eliminate it completely.
3. Gently toss the pecans in the maple syrup with a spatula to coat.
4. Spread the pecans on a parchment paper or silpat lined baking sheet in one layer. Try to get them as spread out as possible, not overlapping.
5. Sprinkle Flake sea salt on the maple coated pecans.
6. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from oven and gently stir the nuts so that they roast evenly. Return to the oven and stir again every 10 minutes until the nuts are deep brown in color.
7. Take the nuts out of the oven and give them a final stir. Now let them cool completely before placing them in an airtight container...or just eat them right toff the baking tray and pretend like you never had the chance to make the recipe. We won't tell.
Comments will be approved before showing up.