When it comes to creating delicious and nutritious plant-based alternatives, legumes take the crown as a versatile and protein-packed ingredient. If you're craving a mouthwatering veggie burger that will satisfy even the most devoted meat lovers, look no further than the humble bean. After an exhaustive search and many ho-hum burgers, we've selected our five favorite veggie burger recipes from around the web. Get ready to revolutionize your burger experience!
1. The Really Awesome Black Bean Burger by Serious Eats: Starting off strong with a timeless favorite a classic black bean burger is a go-to option for many plant-based enthusiasts. Kenji Lopez-Alt created perhaps the most famous take on this burger with serious food hacks that improve the taste and texture to make a burger that's carnivore craveable. Kenji has opted for a can of black beans in his recipe but we know WAY better than that. Up your flavor game with an heirloom variety and cook them from dry using one of our tried and true methods (no soaking required). We recommend using Black Tepary Beans for their extra protein, delicious Black Oaxacan or the Organic Turtle Beans for this recipe.
2. Falafel burger: For those who crave a bit of heat and a touch of Middle Eastern flair, the Falafel Burger hits the spot. Bursting with aromatic spices like cumin, coriander, and chili, these burgers will awaken your taste buds. The robust texture of chickpeas combined with the harmonious blend of spices makes this recipe a must-try. Spice up your next cookout with this popular recipe.
3. Spicy Lentil Walnut Burger: If you're looking to add a nutty twist to your burger game, the Spicy Lentil Walnut Burger from Martha Stewart will impress both in taste and texture. This recipe showcases the earthy flavors of lentils and the crunchiness of walnuts, with a kick of heat to balance it all out resulting in a burger that's both satisfying and wholesome.
4. Grillable Veggie Burger:The problem with most veggie burgers is that they don't hold up to the grill. They fall apart, they stick, they create a mess. This recipe from the Minamalist Baker uses black beans with panko and brown rice to create a patty that can handle your weekend BBQ with ease. We love the the use of caramelized onions and BBQ sauce in the patty to create a flavorful burger even a carnivore would love.
5. Southwestern Lentil Burger: Rounding out the bunch is our take on the lentil burger with a gluten free, vegan burger that doubles as a taco filling. The southwest flavors of cumin and poblano chili powder give it a twist on the traditional patty we'll be enjoying all summer long.
Embracing the world of bean-based veggie burgers opens up a plethora of possibilities for a delicious and nutritious plant-based diet. Whether you're a seasoned vegan or simply curious about exploring meat-free options, these highly reviewed recipes are sure to inspire and delight your taste buds. So, fire up the grill and get ready to savor the incredible flavors of bean-based veggie burgers!
Remember, the beauty of veggie burgers lies in their versatility, so don't hesitate to experiment and add your personal touch to these recipes. Happy cooking and happy eating!
Comments will be approved before showing up.