Peppery Nasturtium plays perfectly with the sweet, herbaceous gallberry honey in this simple salad that is a show stopper at any dinner party.
Nasturtium leaves and flowers
1 Tablespoon Gallberry Honey
1 Tablespoons Juice reserved from the oranges
Juice from 1 Lemon
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1. Cut the oranges into Supremes, reserving juice for the dressing. (How to supreme citrus)
2. Wash the greens and Nasturtium leaves and inspect the flowers for dirt or insects, gently brushing them off.
3. Combine all of the ingredients for the dressing in a canning jar, screw on the lid and shake till well combined.
4. Gently toss the greens and oranges in the dressing.
5. Assemble the greens and oranges on a plate and gently place the nasturtium leaves and blossoms on top of the salad.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
In this easy recipe Cherokee Chef Nico Albert combines the Three Sisters, corn, beans and squash, in a modern take on ancestral traditions to create a vegan sope that nourishes the soul as much as the body.