Once you discover how fast and easy it is to make these vegan, gluten free yellow lentil flatbreads you'll be hooked! They are an easy way to pack plant based protein into any meal.
1 Cup Yellow Lentils
2 Cups Water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon Piment d'Ville (or the chili powder of your choice)
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
1. Rinse the yellow lentils until the water runs clear. Place the lentils and 2 cups of water in a glass jar or bowl and soak for 4 - 6 hours.
2. Put the lentils with their soaking liquid into a blender, add seasonings and blend until smooth. Let the mixture rest for 5 minutes to allow the lentils to absorb more of the water. If after 5 minutes the mixture is too thick add a bit more water one tablespoon at a time. Remember it needs to be thicker than pancake batter so don't add too much water.
3. For best results completely pre-heat the skillet with the oil in it for at least 5 minutes. Working in batches ladle the batter onto an oiled skillet. with the back of your spoon smooth out the batter in a circular motion to get it to approximately 1/4 inch thickness.
4. Cook for 2 minutes on the first side, flip and cook for 1 more minute on the other side.
5. Top with herbs, veggies, hummus, cheese or serve alongside soup or stew. These can also make a gluten free "pizza crust"
Comments will be approved before showing up.