Take your typical morning oats on a Persian holiday with cardamom, pomegranate, pistachio and a touch of honey. It makes apples and cinnamon sound positively boring!
(Makes one bowl)
1. Lightly toast the pistachios in a dry skillet until fragrant and set aside.
2. This is one of those times when it actually tastes better in a pressure cooker because the cardamom and cinnamon have more of a chance to open up but cook this recipe however you'd like. In a pressure cooker combine the oats, water, cardamom pods, cinnamon stick and salt. Add a few dashes of cardamom bitters from The Bitter Housewife. Pressure cook on high for 2 minutes and let come to pressure for 8 minutes (the longer it sits the more creamy it gets). On Stovetop bring water to a boil, reduce to a simmer and gently fold in the oats and seasonings stirring constantly for 3 minutes, take off the heat and let rest for 5 minutes.
4. Discard the cardamom pods and cinnamon stick and pour into a bowl.
5. Add the toasted pistachios, pomegranate seeds and sprinkle with cinnamon.
6. Drizzle all over with the honey and serve.
Comments will be approved before showing up.